Assessment needed on typesetting a community school homepage

Dear sir, here is the link for the assignment Typesetting a community school homepage - Learn web development | MDN (mozilla.org).

and this the link of my attempt , A Pen by Cleo (codepen.io)

Something strange about the external link 52 image , when I use the link (https://github.com/mdn/learning-area/blob/main/css/styling-text/typesetting-a-homepage-start/external-link-52.png) the image doesn’t upload ,

but when I copy this link from others and use ,(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mdn/learning-area/main/css/styling-text/typesetting-a-homepage-start/external-link-52.png,) the image uploads .
I need an explanation.

Hi @Cleo_Shepsut

When you click on the first link you’ll see that it opens a GitHub page (although the name ends with “.png”). The “Download” button there opens the real image with the second URL.

Here are some comments:

• Your fallback fonts are wrong. Better values for font-family would be:
    font-family:'Aleo', sans-serif;
    /* and */
    font-family:'officecodepro', serif;

• ::first-line causes the text-indent to not work. When you delete it, you’ll see that it’s working.

I hope that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:
Michael

OKay sir, I have tried to do the corrections as you suggested , I think they are right and working now . Please evaluate and confirm it again thanks.

1 Like

It’s sans-serif and they are only recognized without quotes. Compare with my code above.
The text indention is correct.

Hello sir, I just corrected them again , please help me confirm if they are okay now .

1 Like

Yes, now it’s fine :+1: Good work.

Hello sir, out of a sudden I can’t sign in here, can’t open a new codepen , they asked me to change my password I did but it seems I can’t remember it, because I still cant sign in . I need to be able to work and enjoy this website like I did before . Please help me thanks

Since you posted another task it seems your problem has been resolved.
Are you still have some problems?

Yes sir, the problem was solved .

1 Like