Assessment wanted for "Assessment: Structuring an page of content"

๐Ÿ“ Assessment wanted for "Structuring an page of content"

Hello everyone! :wave:

I am following the MDNโ€™s front-end developer pathway. On the final steps of the first module of HTML, at this checkpoint:

HTML > Introduction to HTML > Structuring an page of content (Assessment)

Assessment page: Structuring an page of content
My implementation: CodePen

Notes:

• Thank you so much for your review :sparkling_heart:
  • I have followed and completed the instructions of the test, and feel good about the result.
  • I want to know if there are points for improvement.

Have a nice day,
Diego :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @AR2F

Congratulations! You used all elements correctly. :medal_sports:

On a general note, I recommend indenting your code (Moving child elements two or four spaces to the right). It greatly improves readability.

Have a nice day,
Michael

1 Like

Thank you so much Michael @mikoMK :raised_hands:

On local, I actually really use indentation. โ€” You are right, itโ€™s a good practice to improve the readability of the source code (I use tabs to indent equals to two spaces) โ€” but before to upload the same to CodePen I try to minify it.

Because I donโ€™t know from what kind of device, the source code will be read, and I try to adapt it to mobile and small-screen devices.

Should I keep doing it? I actually prefer to keep air between elements, is more work minify code, and I donโ€™t think that if someone is coding prefer work using a small screen.

You should definitively keep your code indented when putting it on CodePen. Even when being on mobile indentation would be beneficial. I often look at code examples when reading an article on mobile and having no indention would make it worse. Scrolling a bit right and left is a small price to pay for general readability.

Thank you, Michael. I will definitely follow your advice, it is a small price for better readability.

Have a nice day.

1 Like