Assessment wanted (Ilker Tasci) Fundamental Layout Comprehension

Greetings to beloved MDN Community!

I’d like to have an assesment! You can find the source code and the actual task below!

Thank you.

The Source Code

The Task

Welcome back, @ilkert :wave:

Well done! :medal_sports:

Some remarks:

• position: sticky; isn’t working. There is another property needed for the nav to stick to the top when you scroll down. Can you find out which? Sticky Positioning | MDN
  • The flex code for the nav can be simpler. You can delete the whole nav ul li selector and add justify-content to nav ul. Can you find out which value is needed? justify-content
  • main article img could be replace with .feature since the image has this class attached. The CSS itself is correct.

I hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:
Michael

1 Like

Thanks @mikoMK, nice to see you and thanks for the review!

• position: sticky; isn’t working. There is another property needed for the nav to stick to the top when you scroll down. Can you find out which? Sticky Positioning | MDN

I actually know why. I had added “top:0” but somehow it’s gone. Anyway, it’s back there now :slight_smile:

• The flex code for the nav can be simpler. You can delete the whole nav ul li selector and add justify-content to nav ul . Can you find out which value is needed? justify-content

Ah thanks. For justify-content, I would say either “space-around” or “space-evenly”.

1 Like

That’s correct!
Another reasonable justify-content value would be space-between. Actually, this would look the closest to the screenshot, but either of those three is fine.

1 Like