Can I set the font with firefox web developer tools?

web developer tools’ font too small,My eyes hurt when I look at it

4 Likes

Hello,

You can bump the font size pressing Ctrl (or Cmd on OSX) and +, while focused in devtools. It should bump the font-size up, like in regular web pages.

4 Likes

Very nice feature I did not know :slight_smile:
Strange that in this case only keyboard shortcut runs, while CTRL+mouse wheel not… Maybe in the future? It should be more consistent

3 Likes
  • 2021 September - Ctrl+mouse wheel works now (for me)

• It would be great if the Fontsize could be set in the Developer Tool settings.

• I particularly find it hard to read line-numbers on console messages, with a large monitor.

• Is there any work-around using userChrome.css?

Update: in the most recent Firefox update(s), increasing the font size using mentioned methods, is preserved between browser sessions. (As far as I can tell)

2 Likes

Temporary, you could also use the shortcuts and mouse, as already answered.

There is also an option to have it set permanently.

• go to about:config
  • search devtools.toolbox.zoomValue and set the value of 1.2
    (or anything you’d need)

I needed that myself as well, just found it, tested and it works. :blush:
Make sure you close and open again the Dev Tools to see the change.

11 Likes

Right now (03/22), Control and mouse wheel are not changing the font in Developer Tools. Tested in Debian 11 KDE. (It can be that Debian has an old version, this is 91.7.0esr). Control and + works.

1 Like

Thank you very much for information.

1 Like

However, as already mentioned, you might also use the mouse and keyboard shortcuts.

You can also choose to set it permanently.

Enter 1.2 (or whatever you require) in the devtools.toolbox.zoomValue field in about:config.
I recently discovered it, tested it, and it works for me as well.
To notice the update, be sure you close and reopen the Dev Tools.

1 Like

well defined !! man it’s actually works!! :blush:

Nope, doesn’t work on Mac, latest FF on Mojave. Tried CMD and CTRL. If your focus is on the dev tools, they still only resize the font on the main page. I’m permanently stuck on 7pt font size for the dev tools, I can’t get anything done.

Hi!

Seems to work here for me on macos.
Can you open about:config and check the value of devtools.toolbox.zoomValue?

Just to make sure, are you using CMD + PLUS, with PLUS being the key next to backspace (if you’re on a US layout keyboard)?

if your focus is on the dev tools

Which DevTools tab are you using? Do you happen to have any DevTools webextension installed (or any other webextension which might conflict with keyboard shortcuts)?

This is the way! Thank you very much.