"Cannot GET /wsfed" when try to log in to mozillians.org using my standard Nightly profile

When I try to log into mozillians.org from my standard Nightly profile I get a failure. The failure still occurs in Safe Mode, but not in a new profile.

How do I figure out what the login process doesn’t like about my profile?

Steps to reproduce:

Expected result:

Actual result:

Cannot GET /wsfed?disable_signup=false&name=email&email=&authParams=&totp=&brute_force_protection=true&store=&strategy_instance=email&wctx=Putu_jPH81a5gJYELQb_77YuGAET7qbg&wtrealm=urn%3Aauth0%3Aauth%3Aemail&wa=wsignin1.0

(The URL in the message matches the URL of the page.)

Hi @bjh! After clicking “Log In / Sign Up” on Mozillians, did you see the login form for a short while or were you redirected to that straight away?

There is a quick display of most of the login form (I believe some of the items are not rendered) and then there is a redirect.

I suspect that what is happening is that you are being automatically logged in using “Passwordless”. This isn’t actually possible, so it throws an error. This is due to a nasty bug in an earlier version of the log in form can still happen. It has since been fixed, but your browser could still have the variable stored which the login form will then try and use.

If possible, could you paste this into the console while the login form is showing?

localStorage.removeItem('nlx-last-used-connection');

This would need to happen while you’re still on auth.mozilla.auth0.com, as the value is stored per domain.

Sorry for the inconvenience, let me know if this helps!

1 Like

Thanks! That solved the problem–I’m logged in to Firefox to create this reply.

1 Like

Fantastic, that’s great!