I followed the directions here: https://github.com/mdn/webextensions-examples/tree/main/native-messaging for windows
When I click the add ons icon, it says “Error: Attempt to postMessage on disconnected port” in the add ons console (nothing in the normal browser console).
- I have python installed, version 3.10
- I added python to my PATH
- I changed ping_pong.json to point to the bat file
- I edited the bat file to point to the python script
- I added a registry key with the path to the manifest.json
I triple checked these so I don’t know what’s wrong, and the error message provides no useful information for debugging.