Change in Instagram story behaviour after Mozilla upgrade

After one of the late 9x.0 upgrades to Mozilla the display of stories on Instragram changed. Prior to that upgrade if I clicked on the pause button
Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 10.21.54
giving me
Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 10.23.20
and it stayed paused until all the current stories had been displayed. But now seemingly randomly after I click the pause button it flips back. Sometimes this flip happens with the next story and other times it will be after dozens. It is annoying and distracting as I need time to read or assimmilate what is in stories; I’m dyslexic and read very slowly.

I have not changed any Firefox config settings related to videos/autoplay/autostart/etc for several years. But that 9x upgrade fiddled with something and I want it fiddled off.

This problem has worsened! Now Instagram are forcing auto start on videos in stories!

Hi,

The community forum is not the right place to ask troubleshooting questions. If you have a problem with Firefox that you need help with, please ask your question on the Firefox support platform instead using https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with the display of stories on Instagram after a Firefox update. It’s possible that the update may have affected the way that Firefox interacts with Instagram, which could be causing the problem you’re experiencing.

One possible solution would be to try clearing your Firefox cache and cookies. This can often resolve issues with websites not displaying properly or functioning as expected. To do this, you can follow these steps:

1. Click the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the upper-right corner of the Firefox window.
  2. Click “Preferences” (or “Options” on Windows).
  3. Select the “Privacy & Security” panel.
  4. Scroll down to the “Cookies and Site Data” section.
  5. Click “Clear Data”.
  6. Check the boxes next to “Cookies and Site Data” and “Cached Web Content”.
  7. Click “Clear”.

After clearing your cache and cookies, try accessing Instagram again and see if the issue persists. If the problem continues, you can try disabling any Firefox extensions you have installed one by one to see if one of them is causing the issue. Finally, if none of these solutions work, you can try contacting Mozilla’s customer support team for further assistance.

It is a brute-force and brutal idea that will break too many and more important other sites I use.