Changes in Mozilla and Communities

Dear Reps,

I know that the last few days have been challenging after the newest Mozilla’s announcement the previous week. I would like to thank you for your dedication, love, and support for the project. This announcement brought a lot of changes inside the organization along with the community team, changes we are still working on.

For a high-level overview of what has happened, I encourage you to read Mitchell’s address to the community. Regarding Mozilla Reps, I would like to address the insecurity you are feeling right now and ensure that the program is not affected due to the recent changes. Mozilla Reps have been core in our communities and we continue to believe in the program.

As we work through the new details, we would love you, the community, to actively participate, to take part in the conversation of how we are shaping Mozilla’s communities in the future.

As a first step, we are going to dedicate our Reps Call to address any questions you have and share our thoughts for the future. Rosana Ardila, who has recently taken the lead of the community programs team, will be also in the call. For those of you who don’t know Rosana, she used to be the program lead of Reps before working on different experimental projects across Mozilla. Rosana’s love for the community and dedication to Mozilla’s project makes me excited about what the future holds. Her experience with working with volunteers brings us confidence moving further.

Let me know if you have any questions and I would love to see you all in the Reps Call, this Thursday.

Regards,

Konstantina

6 Likes

Hi,
thank you for the information.

I’m wondering one question:

stopped projects like (AR/VR/XR, MDN and others) can we still contribute?

Thanks

Christophe

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Couci! Happy and looking forward to working with the new changes for better growth of the community :slight_smile:

Thanks for the information.