- There is currently a small group of contributors working on the Kibana dashboard to get is ready and formatted for broader use.
- We are currently working through a few kibana security issues and will be switching over to a self-hosted Kibana.
- We will keep you up to date when we have a timeline for release.
- Launched on Monday November 18th with snippets in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian.
- 15-20k daily clips!
- This was the team’s first time to include Italian and we were so happy to see a large number of new community members contributing.
- Full report here
- We’re going to stop all feature releases to work on the Common Voice Infrastructure for the next couple months. The full scope of this is still being discussed.
- What does this mean and what things are we prioritizing?
- Limiting site downtime!
- Automating dataset releases!
- Site accessibility!
- And more
- We are excited to give our engineers the time they need to make the site better for everyone and provide the community with the information they need to get the best datasets possible.
- Email implementation
- We would like to be able to offer localized emails to our contributors and are working to make that happen
Open Voice Data Challenge Pilot partner launch
- The Common Voice team has launched a partner pilot to look at how competition and incentives help increase the quantity and quality of data received. To do this we worked with three other partner companies SAP, IBM, Lenovo and a small number of new contributors from those companies. These contributors are currently in week two of a three week challenge. Once we receive analyze the results from the challenge, we will decide if it makes sense to roll out this initiative to a larger group.