Common Voice Sprint is coming up!

Hey all,

The Common Voice Global Sprint is coming up! Get ready to join Mozillians all around the world for a two day hackathon to help make voice recognition open to all. During the Global Sprint we’ll be asking you to help launch Common Voice in new languages by writing or collecting non-english sentences for people to read.

Register your site here

You can participate virtually or find a site near you to join!

Do you have language skills? It’s not too late to register yourself as a reviewer here.

If you’re ready to help take voice data out of the hands of big companies and open it up to everyone, mark May 10th-11th in your calendars and get ready to join us!

Konstantina

2 Likes

My issue, is that the days are working days. I will love it if I can run mine on another date.

Hey Tunde,
that makes total sense. We are trying to push people to participate on those dates, since the Common Voice is participating in the global sprint. However, if that doesn’t work for you, you can have an event on the weekend. Just remember, we won’t be there to support you if you have any live questions.

To assist preparation, I’ve added a post over in #communities:uk which contains most of the necessary information and resources all in one location. Times, links, live prep/demo calls, comms channels, etc.

Hi, the registration link is not working.
It means I can’t submit a site anymore?

Thanks!

So the global sprint registration is indeed closed. If you still want to run an event please do, however you won’t be in the global sprint website.

What is the status of accept the string of the various locales added by the website of the sprint?
I am wondering that to start planning events about it and other kind of promotions.

We are still accepting sentences so please do keep them coming. On other kind of contributions we also have reviewing sentences, that is currently on hold but will be back up soon.