Common voice workshop with 3 cabins

During a “Geek faeries” event held on June 9 and 10 in France, the organizers made us available on our booth 3 cabins for common Voice

This is the first time we have had the opportunity to have this construction.
On our side, we brought and equipped 3 computers with 3 information posters .
I share them with you the photos [1]-[10] so that you can be inspired by them

the structure is composed of

• 3 grids (left, center, right)
  • 1 piece of fabric to represent a door
  • 1 wooden board to place the computer
  • 1 stool or chair for people to sit on
  • 1 piece of carpet to insulate

for 1 kiosk

• 1 laptop computer
  • 1 power supply
  • 1 internet access
  • 1 poster
  • option : loudspeaker and microphone

it was a success and we had several times a queue to participate.

Thank you.

Christophe

[1] Picture 1
[2] Picture 2
[3] Picture 3
[4] Picture 4
[5] Picture 5
[6] Picture 6
[7] Picture 7
[8] Picture 8
[9] Picture 9
[10] Picture 10

1 Like

Congratulations for the event!

Do you know how many people recorded and validated 5 sentences? Did you get any feedback about the experience? Any interesting learnings?

Cheers.

We have not kept a straight list, but basically, most of the people did contribute one or two series of 5, quite many did 10 (for tshirt), and a few people did much more. Overall, on the whole week-end, I think we recorded more than 5h.

Yes, a lot of people were interested / excited about the project, very few refused to contribute (but some did, for professionnal reasons). I think that writing more doc like you started with the Mozilla Activate page to explain how to host an event like that might be a good use of our time.

Small reward, like stickers, does work, on a lot of people. A higher-prized reward like a tshirt for a higher amount of contribution was also a good motivation for a lot of people.

We learnt that there might still be some accessibility issues we need to improve on the website, but we got several people with some disabilities and they could contribute in good condition overall.

Material like posters did work pretty well to help and document, thanks to the taiwanese community who did them at first.

1 Like