Considering moving away from FF

FF has become a horrible experience.

What happened to open in a new tab? I’ve lost so many links, text,s and time ever since FF changed. For example, I’ve got a Tab open and got to search in the toolbar search. Once I hit enter that query overwrites my current Tab. No mater the Tab settings it will not open a new Tab with the search results.

Second, What happened to all the GREAT addons? Addons are the main reason I use and recommend FF. The state of FF addon SUCK. My guess this is all about FF and memory. Fine but fo US who have plenty of memory make it optional to go back to the old FF.

4 Likes

Hi, do you mean the address bar or the small classic search bar? There are separate preferences:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste intab and pause while the list is filtered

Address bar

(3) Double-click the browser.urlbar.openintab preference to switch the value from false to true

Classic search bar

(4) Double-click the browser.search.openintab preference to switch the value from false to true

Does that help?

Like what?

1 Like