Dashboard stats and roadmap for 2019

Hi everyone! Happy new year!

I have a few questions about the project for 2019.

First I’d like to point out that I really liked the new UI, it’s easier now to record and validate, also stats are a really important part, because we can keep track of the progress and keep motivated, and I think with the ranking info people are more likely to contribute, It would be nice to see your own contributor position along side your contribution stats, I couldn’t find mine in the Top Contributors.
With regards to DeepSpeech: It seems to me that even though the datasets are publicly available, for most of us it’s not possible to train a DeepSpeech model, so we will depend on the official repo, I don’t know what are the specifics of the project, like, I assume the the model is a seq2seq, but the text normalization technique is it with words or chars? For example most likely people will use DeepSpeech on IoT with have little RAM, so using word2vec and a language model is not a option, that why I’m looking forward to see something similar to wav2letter on the DeepSpeech project and the release of models in tf lite format.

Are you not able to see your ranking on the leaderboard? There is a toggle in ‘settings’ under ‘Profile’ that allows you to show up in the leaderboard or be hidden depending on if you as a user would like to be shown or not.

Thanks, I changed my settings and now I’m able to see my position on the dashboard.

1 Like