I have experimented a bit, and this works quite well:
-
Connect the WebIDE to your phone from the PC
- I already had adb set up such that
adb deviceslisted my phone - then I followed this guide
- I already had adb set up such that
-
Set up Extension Auto-Installer on the phone
- install the add-on from AMO
- in the WebIDE, click
Device Preferenceson the right and append the local IP of your PC toextensions.autoinstaller.allowedIPs
-
Select the
Main Processas the debug target in the WebIDE- to run console scripts in the background page, select it like a frame at the top right of the debugger panel
-
Push the extension package from the PC
- pack your extension as a
zipas you usually do - push it to your phones local IP
-
the add-on page suggests to use
wgetorcurl - I do it from within my build script in node.js, on success the HTTP status is (sometimes?)
399
-
the add-on page suggests to use
- pack your extension as a
-
Accept the extension on the phone
- if everything works so far, dismiss the message that says
Blocked Add-on - tap the new notification to install as a temporary unsigned add-on
- if everything works so far, dismiss the message that says
-
Have fun debugging. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed.
I did this with Firefox 52 beta x64 on my Windows 10 computer and a OnePlus X running CM 13 (Android 6.0.1), Firefox 52 beta and Extension Auto-Installer 1.3.