Is there any way to run an extension for debug on Android FireFox?

On Desktop FireFox, there is “Debug Add-ons” menu that allows me to load the extension I have been creating but have not published yet. I cannot find such menu in Android FireFox. All I can see is allow remove USB debugging. Is there no way? If not, how can I know if the extension I have been writing works on Android or not before publishing it?

The documentation on how to debug your extension on android can be found at https://extensionworkshop.com/documentation/develop/developing-extensions-for-firefox-for-android/#debug-your-extension

Also note that you need to use Firefox ESR 68 in order to debug current Firefox for Android.
More info:

I already knew that the API I use chrome_settings_overrides is not supported on the current release version of Android FireFox (68.7.0), and I wanted to know if the status of support has changed in the latest nightly version (77.0). I followed the instruction and tried to install the “XPI” but FireFox Nightly only showed a “Download” button, not an “Install” button. Currently, I cannot test an extension on an Android FireFox Nightly?

If you mean the new Firefox Preview for Android then you should be able to test it using the web-ext tool. They’ve added support in 4.1.0 version:

web-ext run -t firefox-android

Thanks. I tried that, and I did not see any errors in the Command Prompt, but on the Android-side, FireFox Nightly’s Add-ons page showed “Not yet available 1 add-on” at the bottom, and if I click it, it says “We’re currently building support for an initial selection of Recommanded Extensions.”. I knew that the future versions of FireFox currently support very limited number of extensions, but you can’t even debug an extension on those versions of FireFox?

Hey @loserdev. Go ahead and ignore that warning (there’s a bug to fix it). You may need to update web-ext to the latest build, but you should be able to run your extension in Preview Nightly. As a quick notes, it looks like you won’t be able to open the extension’s settings page if it has one.