Denoting discussions that need action

Hi guys,

To help triage discussions and not allow them to fall by the wayside, I’d like us to use some sort of indicator in the thread title when the intent is to take some sort of action after the discussion.

I think it’s simple enough to add ACTION or [action] to the thread title. If you are starting the discussion the onus would be on you to make sure the thread title has the label. Suggestions welcome if we should do eg #action or something else that will make it easy to search for these threads (I suppose I’m looking for tagging really).

Some other best practices we could consider - once a discussion spawns action items, should we “reply as linked topic” with the Action tag? Basically, what is the best way to make sure that threads that have multiple actions in them have them all tracked? Maybe we should edit the original post with a list of action items and links to bugzilla?

Some homework - Please go to your profile, click topics to see the list of topics you’ve started and look for your community IT topics. Check for threads where you asked for something to be done, or suggested any sort of decision needed to be made. For those topics do one of two things:

1. Edit the title to start with [Action] if it still needs to be done/decided
  2. If it’s already done, or is no longer relevant, close it.