Mozilla’s annual, hands-on festival (affectionately known as MozFest) is dedicated to forging the future of the open Web. It’s where passionate technologists, educators and creators unite to hack on innovative solutions for the Web’s most pressing issues.
Last year, we made giant leaps to make our festival more accessible to more people. In 2018, we want to further innovate for diverse experiences, and inclusive event design - to make Mozfest a shining example of all that is possible when everyone is empowered to participate.
And we need a bit of help.
We are looking for one volunteer, to contribute towards accessibility design for Mozfest.
- Attend Mozfest October 26 - 28! (travel, and accommodation covered).
- Contribute to an increasingly important and visible part of the festival.
- Bring more voices into the conversation to shape the future of the web.
- Work with a passionate dedicated team.
- Passion and personal goals for diversity & inclusion and helping underrepresented communities engage in Mozilla projects/conversations about the future of the web.
- Able to work with a remote team (access to bandwidth for video calls).
- Able to dedicate regular time (no more 30 hours) June through October.
Including weekly calls as the festival gets closer .
- Creativity and ability to visualize opportunity where others might see blockers.
- Able to attend Mozfest.
- Bonus: you bring with you knowledge, and connections to others working with diversity & inclusion in event design.
- You can apply for this role using our form.
- We will select a final candidate by May 1st. All applicants will be notified of their application status, also by May 1st.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to Emma Irwin (or ask directly in this thread)