Divided, we fall!

Fellow country mozillians,

I’m tired and desperate of a never ending tendency. Why do we need so many sub-communities and then groups of those communities and subgroups of sub-communities and infinitely fragmented communities?

Do we realize that this very fragmentation of community is the reason why Mozilla India is dead as a doornail now?

Can anyone suggest how to overcome this?

Also exasperated,

Akshay

2 Likes

Hi

I am not in India, but as a Mozillian I have seen how committed and supportive of Mozilla the contributors in India are. :slight_smile:

I recommend:

1. Making a list of all the communities and subgroups of communities you have in a heriachy. Something like:

Mozilla India
.Tech speakers
…Tech speaker budget
.SUMO
…Forum
…l10n

Keep going until you have a long list and publish it here so that all can see it. This will help people understand the issue and be better able to help.

1. From what you are saying, it looks like you may have lots of people that want to be “in charge” of something. At Mozilla, I have always found that it is better to be someone that does things, rather than someone that is “in charge” of something. We are a community of people that do things. We need leaders and people to guide us, but we tend to be more focused on doing things.

I hope this helps (and is based on my opinions), and I am happy to try to help further.

It really is pretty simple. Catagorize based on interest,motivation and not region, geography.

But I know it’s easier said than done specially when when there are this many people involved.

1 Like