Empowering communities through planning

Hey all,

I realized that we haven’t been blogging a lot about the work that we’re doing with the Participation team. We’re trying to blog a bit more now, so you will see a set of posts and we really hope that we get to hear your opinion.

I blogged about our efforts around planning to empower communities: http://ombrosa.co/2015/10/15/empowering-volunteers-and-communities-by-longer-term-planning/

I would love to hear your thoughts, all of this is still in a testing stage and we’re very eager to learn from you.

Cheers,

-Rosana

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this.

For the German community mid-term planning we decided to focus on goals that are broader than the goals we already defined at the beginning of the year and to think out of this scope. The discussions are currently on plan and I’m certain we’ll come up with an interesting vision since there is a lot going on in Germany right now. For communities without pre-defined goals this is a great chance to have some defined goals and vision to work towards. For comunities with existing goals it’s pretty interesting since you need to have a balance between goals that have been defined before and new goals/vision.

Cheers,
Michael