Enhancer for YouTube is gone

Don’t use EfYT for ad blocking, instead:

Youtube stops video play, warning, you are violating youtubes terms of service. I have no other problems with enhancer for youtube.

First: this extension has always been somewhat buggy on Firefox. It’s had its ups and downs, but it always worked poorly, generally. I suppose the author is not as interested in supporting Firefox as he is in supporting Chrome. Fair enough.

Second: I have the extension installed, since I installed it before it was removed from the store. Can I extract the xpi file from my profile or something so I can back it up?

Are you asking for info about if it was “voluntarily” removed, or are you asking for that information to always be clarified on AMO?
Anyway, this thread already has the information that i was “voluntarily” removed:

Note that @jennykim is a spam account, spreading spam links in each reply.
So you’ve likely replied to an AI bot :smiley:.
Please report as spam :slight_smile:.

But that link and info looks valid to me?! So it wont be me reporting that as spam.
(I have no knowledge to other history with that account)

You can look at any person account here and see all past replies: https://discourse.mozilla.org/u/jennykim
Each one has a not related link in a random work. Like “PC” or “account”.

@juraj.masiar
I thought you were referring to the account that posted the info I refereed to (RozvM). Sorry, my misunderstanding :wink: I now see the the spam “hidden” in “fictive” quoting made by jennykim.

1 Like

I’ve got confused too :smiley:.
In any case, there are two “Reply” buttons at the bottom of each post:

You’ve clicked the right one so it’s marked as reply to @jennykim, see:

Anyway, it looks like WE are the spammers now :smiley:, so many messages…

It's back with version 2.0.122!

1 Like

@RozvM it’s best to share addon links without language and platform info - by removing “/hu/firefox”.
Like this: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/enhancer-for-youtube/
Then the link opens with a language/platform (Android) specific for a user that opened it.

Where is that announcement located at (the one in your screenshot)? The addon’s listing does not have that information, nor does the update page of the addon author.

It’s in the whats-new.html file of the extension.

1 Like

It’s gone again (and I think this time is forever). The extension disappeared from other browsers too

Last version 2.0.122.1 can be downloaded from the WebArchive:

Right click the “Download file” label and select “Save Link As…”.
That will download “enhancer_for_youtube-2.0.122.1.xpi” file.
Then either drag and drop the file into the Firefox or install it through the “about:addons” page.

But yeah, seeing it disappear from other stores too is not a good sign :frowning:.
I don’t envy him the work though, making an unofficial 3rd party integration with complex, ever changing page is tough!

1 Like

It is possible the extension author temporarily disables the listings whenever he needs to do significant fixes/changes in order to prevent negative reviews from being submitted while he’s still pushing for a new fix update.

Distribution of Enhancer for YouTube™ temporarily stopped!
Once again, YouTube is slowly rolling out a new user interface that completely breaks Enhancer for YouTube™. As soon as I will see this new UI I will work on my extension to make it compatible and will upload it on the stores.

Source: https://www.mrfdev.com/enhancer-for-youtube

The new UI (for those, who haven’t heard about it):

1 Like

Makes sense, he’s actively fixing it and there is no point in letting the extension get bad ratings before he pushes the updated version with the fixes.

I am also having some headaches with this new UI, and it rarely shows up for me too, at least long enough that I can test fixes and be sure they work.

And although users can enforce the new UI partially by setting

yt.config_.EXPERIMENT_FLAGS.kevlar_watch_grid to true

But this is limited to a certain degree so it is not a 100% reliable method to test everything, the complete experiment is most likely enforced via a cookie value as in many previous UI experiments they pushed.

1 Like

Is back again! All bugs should be fixed