Error during trie creation

Ohkay. I get it.

But where exactly do i specify the path? i use a run file to train the model which is like this:

#!/bin/sh
set -xe
if [ ! -f DeepSpeech.py ]; then
echo “Please make sure you run this from DeepSpeech’s top level directory.”
exit 1
fi;

python -u DeepSpeech.py
–train_files /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/train/train.csv
–dev_files /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/dev/dev.csv
–test_files /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/test/test.csv
–train_batch_size 80
–dev_batch_size 80
–test_batch_size 40
–n_hidden 375
–epoch 33
–validation_step 1
–early_stop True
–earlystop_nsteps 6
–estop_mean_thresh 0.1
–estop_std_thresh 0.1
–dropout_rate 0.22
–learning_rate 0.00095
–report_count 100
–use_seq_length False
–export_dir /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/results/model_export/
–checkpoint_dir /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/results/checkout/
–decoder_library_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/DeepSpeech/libctc_decoder_with_kenlm.so
–alphabet_config_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/alphabet.txt
–lm_binary_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/lm.binary
–lm_trie_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/trie
“$@”

Everywhere here i have given the path correctly.

Also from your explanation I realize that i installed python package v0.1.1 in anaconda3 sometime in past while trying all things. Do i uninstall that?

Please make an effort and pay attention: this is not the training that is problematic, this is your way to run inference. Just use the proper path when calling deepspeech. I don’t know your setup, I cannot tell you more. Maybe ./deepseech is enough, if it’s in your current working directory.

1 Like

As discussed earlier, i downloaded the binaries correctly but i was giving wrong path when calling deepspeech.

so i gave the correct path:

Prafful’s MacBook Pro:DeepSpeech naveen$ /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/DeepSpeech/deepspeech /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/results/model_export/output_graph.pb /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/alphabet.txt /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/TEST/engtext_3488.wav

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libsox.3.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/DeepSpeech/deepspeech
Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6

I tried to resolve it by looking at the discourses but was not able to.

Do you know what i am doing wrong here?

Please install libsox using brew.

Okay, i installed ‘sox’ using ‘brew install sox’ and when i used ‘brew install libsox’, it said - 'Error: No available formula with the name “libsox” 'and ‘This similarly named formula was found:
libsoxr
To install it, run:
brew install libsoxr’

so i installed brew install libsoxr.

I still got the exact same error : ’ dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libsox.3.dylib’

Then, i got ‘otool -L deepspeech’

and i got:

deepspeech:
@rpath/libdeepspeech.so (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
@rpath/libdeepspeech_utils.so (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
@rpath/libsox.3.dylib (compatibility version 4.0.0, current version 4.0.0)
/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 307.5.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1238.60.2)

i understand from this that libsox is installed correctly but there is some problem in loading it.

libsoxr is not what you want. I think the proper package name for bew is sox. The output of otool -L does not help us here, because it does not work as ldd under linux where it gives you the proper path. Check man dyld there are some environment variables that you can use to debug what happens at runtime. I’m not a macOS user, I cannot really help you more.

I tried ‘man dyld’ but i was not able to resolve using that.

@JanX2 Hey, will you be able to help me with this as you had a similar issue here :- https://github.com/mozilla/DeepSpeech/issues/1051

i also tried : ‘install_name_tool -change /Users/build-user/TaskCluster/LightTasks/1/tasks/task_1511961329/homebrew/opt/sox/lib/libsox.3.dylib @executable_path/libsox.3.dylib ./deepspeech’ but i still i get the exact same error.

I cannot help you more if you don’t check / document what is the dynamic loader doing. You need to read man dyld and run with the env var that will show you what is loaded: I know they exist, I don’t have a macOS. So please search a bit more.

Hey @lissyx , i think i am very close and i did try different things as suggested. I have created the model. i have installed all the things which are required to call the inference. Its just that i am not able to resolve this.

Can you suggest me more things to try?

This is my recurring error while trying to run inference:
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libsox.3.dylib

I cannot help you more than I did, you need to check where libsox.3.dylib is … and why dyld does not find it, but I already told you all I know

From https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/dyld.1.html, please give a try to those:

• DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES=1
  • DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES_POST_LAUNCH=1
  • DYLD_PRINT_RPATHS=1

I did entire process again on linux and i was able to resolve the libsox issues while running inference.

But currently i am getting this problem:

(deepspeech-venv) aa@aa-ubuntu:~/Downloads/deepspeech$ /home/aa/Downloads/deepspeech/DeepSpeech/deepspeech /home/aa/Downloads/deepspeech/results/model_export/output_graph.pb /home/aa/Downloads/engtext_3488.wav /home/aa/Downloads/deepspeech/alphabet.txt /home/aa/Downloads/deepspeech/lm.binary /home/aa/Downloads/deepspeech/trie
TensorFlow: v1.6.0-16-gc346f2c
DeepSpeech: v0.2.0-alpha.4-0-g4685c1d
Warning: reading entire model file into memory. Transform model file into an mmapped graph to reduce heap usage.
2018-05-10 13:13:49.168663: I tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:140] Your CPU supports instructions that this TensorFlow binary was not compiled to use: AVX2 FMA
Error: Alphabet size does not match loaded model: alphabet has size 1919, but model has 28 classes in its output. Make sure you’re passing an alphabet file with the same size as the one used for training.
Loading the LM will be faster if you build a binary file.
Reading /home/aa/Downloads/deepspeech/alphabet.txt
----5—10—15—20—25—30—35—40—45—50—55—60—65—70—75—80—85—90—95–100
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘lm::FormatLoadException’
what(): native_client/kenlm/lm/read_arpa.cc:65 in void lm::ReadARPACounts(util::FilePiece&, std::vector&) threw FormatLoadException.
first non-empty line was “a” not \data. Byte: 218
Aborted (core dumped)

Thanks a lot for this, this got resolved finally. My libpng was linked to some other program, so i had to force unlink it and then libsox got installed properly using ‘brew install sox’. Now the model is running successfully on mac. Still facing the issue mentioned in previous comment on linux.

You are passing arguments in the wrong order. WAV should be the last one.

Hey @lissyx,

I am trying to create an Indian audio model using around 80000 audio files.

This is the error i am getting while trying to train. Can you help me know if there is something wrong with the parameters i am assigning or its something else? :

$ sh run_file.sh

• ‘[’ ‘!’ -f DeepSpeech.py ‘]’
  • python -u DeepSpeech.py --train_files /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/TRAIN/train.csv --dev_files /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/DEV/dev.csv --test_files /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/TEST/test.csv --train_batch_size 80 --dev_batch_size 80 --test_batch_size 40 --n_hidden 375 --epoch 33 --validation_step 1 --early_stop True --earlystop_nsteps 6 --estop_mean_thresh 0.1 --estop_std_thresh 0.1 --dropout_rate 0.22 --learning_rate 0.00095 --report_count 100 --use_seq_length False --export_dir /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/results/model_export/ --checkpoint_dir /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/results/checkout/ --decoder_library_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/DeepSpeech/libctc_decoder_with_kenlm.so --alphabet_config_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/alphabet.txt --lm_binary_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/lm.binary --lm_trie_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/trie
    /Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/h5py/init.py:36: FutureWarning: Conversion of the second argument of issubdtype from float to np.floating is deprecated. In future, it will be treated as np.float64 == np.dtype(float).type.
    from ._conv import register_converters as _register_converters
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/DeepSpeech/util/audio.py”, line 7, in
    from deepspeech.utils import audioToInputVector
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘deepspeech’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 24, in
from util.audio import audiofile_to_input_vector
File “/Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/DeepSpeech/util/audio.py”, line 10, in
from python_speech_features import mfcc
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘python_speech_features’
Deepak’s MacBook Pro:DeepSpeech naveen$ pip install deepspeech
Collecting deepspeech
Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/14/c9/e969fbdaac6b2ce7a0fc4c24f0bc96ab4aaaac0e5c0be85f0dceb90c6fb9/deepspeech-0.1.1-cp36-cp36m-macosx_10_10_x86_64.whl
Requirement already satisfied: scipy in /Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from deepspeech)
Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from deepspeech)
Installing collected packages: deepspeech
Successfully installed deepspeech-0.1.1
You are using pip version 9.0.1, however version 10.0.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the ‘pip install --upgrade pip’ command.
Deepak’s MacBook Pro:DeepSpeech naveen$ sh run_file.sh

• python -u DeepSpeech.py --train_files /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/TRAIN/train.csv --dev_files /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/DEV/dev.csv --test_files /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/TEST/test.csv --train_batch_size 80 --dev_batch_size 80 --test_batch_size 40 --n_hidden 375 --epoch 33 --validation_step 1 --early_stop True --earlystop_nsteps 6 --estop_mean_thresh 0.1 --estop_std_thresh 0.1 --dropout_rate 0.22 --learning_rate 0.00095 --report_count 100 --use_seq_length False --export_dir /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/results/model_export/ --checkpoint_dir /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/results/checkout/ --decoder_library_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/DeepSpeech/libctc_decoder_with_kenlm.so --alphabet_config_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/alphabet.txt --lm_binary_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/lm.binary --lm_trie_path /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/trie
    /Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/h5py/init.py:36: FutureWarning: Conversion of the second argument of issubdtype from float to np.floating is deprecated. In future, it will be treated as np.float64 == np.dtype(float).type.
    File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 29, in
    from xdg import BaseDirectory as xdg
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘xdg’
    Deepak’s MacBook Pro:DeepSpeech naveen$ pip install pyxdg
    Collecting pyxdg
    Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/39/03/12eb9062f43adb94e30f366743cb5c83fd15fef026500cd4de42c7c12280/pyxdg-0.26-py2.py3-none-any.whl
    Installing collected packages: pyxdg
    Successfully installed pyxdg-0.26
    You are using pip version 9.0.1, however version 10.0.1 is available.
    You should consider upgrading via the ‘pip install --upgrade pip’ command.
    Deepak’s MacBook Pro:DeepSpeech naveen$ sh run_file.sh
    E Labels length is zero in batch 0
    E [[Node: tower_0/CTCLoss = CTCLoss[ctc_merge_repeated=true, ignore_longer_outputs_than_inputs=false, preprocess_collapse_repeated=false, _device="/job:localhost/replica:0/task:0/device:CPU:0"](tower_0/logits, tower_0/ToInt64, tower_0/GatherV2, tower_0/GatherV2_DequeueMany:1)]]
    E
    E Caused by op ‘tower_0/CTCLoss’, defined at:
    E File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 1838, in
    E tf.app.run()
    E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/platform/app.py”, line 126, in run
    E _sys.exit(main(argv))
    E File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 1795, in main
    E train()
    E File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 1501, in train
    E results_tuple, gradients, mean_edit_distance, loss = get_tower_results(model_feeder, optimizer)
    E File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 640, in get_tower_results
    E calculate_mean_edit_distance_and_loss(model_feeder, i, no_dropout if optimizer is None else dropout_rates)
    E File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 527, in calculate_mean_edit_distance_and_loss
    E total_loss = tf.nn.ctc_loss(labels=batch_y, inputs=logits, sequence_length=batch_seq_len)
    E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/ops/ctc_ops.py”, line 158, in ctc_loss
    E ignore_longer_outputs_than_inputs=ignore_longer_outputs_than_inputs)
    E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/ops/gen_ctc_ops.py”, line 285, in ctc_loss
    E name=name)
    E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/op_def_library.py”, line 787, in _apply_op_helper
    E op_def=op_def)
    E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/ops.py”, line 3392, in create_op
    E op_def=op_def)
    E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/ops.py”, line 1718, in init
    E self._traceback = self._graph._extract_stack() # pylint: disable=protected-access
    E
    E InvalidArgumentError (see above for traceback): Labels length is zero in batch 0
    E [[Node: tower_0/CTCLoss = CTCLoss[ctc_merge_repeated=true, ignore_longer_outputs_than_inputs=false, preprocess_collapse_repeated=false, _device="/job:localhost/replica:0/task:0/device:CPU:0"](tower_0/logits, tower_0/ToInt64, tower_0/GatherV2, tower_0/GatherV2_DequeueMany:1)]]
    E
    File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/client/session.py”, line 1322, in _do_call
    return fn(*args)
    File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/client/session.py”, line 1307, in _run_fn
    options, feed_dict, fetch_list, target_list, run_metadata)
    File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/client/session.py”, line 1409, in _call_tf_sessionrun
    run_metadata)
    tensorflow.python.framework.errors_impl.InvalidArgumentError: Labels length is zero in batch 0
    [[Node: tower_0/CTCLoss = CTCLoss[ctc_merge_repeated=true, ignore_longer_outputs_than_inputs=false, preprocess_collapse_repeated=false, _device="/job:localhost/replica:0/task:0/device:CPU:0"](tower_0/logits, tower_0/ToInt64, tower_0/GatherV2, tower_0/GatherV2_DequeueMany:1)]]

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 1595, in train
step = session.run(global_step, feed_dict=feed_dict)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/training/monitored_session.py”, line 567, in run
run_metadata=run_metadata)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/training/monitored_session.py”, line 1043, in run
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/training/monitored_session.py”, line 1134, in run
raise six.reraise(*original_exc_info)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/six.py”, line 693, in reraise
raise value
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/training/monitored_session.py”, line 1119, in run
return self._sess.run(*args, **kwargs)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/training/monitored_session.py”, line 1191, in run
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/training/monitored_session.py”, line 971, in run
return self._sess.run(*args, **kwargs)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/client/session.py”, line 900, in run
run_metadata_ptr)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/client/session.py”, line 1135, in _run
feed_dict_tensor, options, run_metadata)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/client/session.py”, line 1316, in _do_run
run_metadata)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/client/session.py”, line 1335, in _do_call
raise type(e)(node_def, op, message)
tensorflow.python.framework.errors_impl.InvalidArgumentError: Labels length is zero in batch 0
[[Node: tower_0/CTCLoss = CTCLoss[ctc_merge_repeated=true, ignore_longer_outputs_than_inputs=false, preprocess_collapse_repeated=false, _device="/job:localhost/replica:0/task:0/device:CPU:0"](tower_0/logits, tower_0/ToInt64, tower_0/GatherV2, tower_0/GatherV2_DequeueMany:1)]]

Caused by op ‘tower_0/CTCLoss’, defined at:
File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 1838, in
tf.app.run()
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/platform/app.py”, line 126, in run
_sys.exit(main(argv))
File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 1795, in main
train()
File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 1501, in train
results_tuple, gradients, mean_edit_distance, loss = get_tower_results(model_feeder, optimizer)
File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 640, in get_tower_results
calculate_mean_edit_distance_and_loss(model_feeder, i, no_dropout if optimizer is None else dropout_rates)
File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 527, in calculate_mean_edit_distance_and_loss
total_loss = tf.nn.ctc_loss(labels=batch_y, inputs=logits, sequence_length=batch_seq_len)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/ops/ctc_ops.py”, line 158, in ctc_loss
ignore_longer_outputs_than_inputs=ignore_longer_outputs_than_inputs)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/ops/gen_ctc_ops.py”, line 285, in ctc_loss
name=name)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/op_def_library.py”, line 787, in _apply_op_helper
op_def=op_def)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/ops.py”, line 3392, in create_op
op_def=op_def)
File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/ops.py”, line 1718, in init
self._traceback = self._graph._extract_stack() # pylint: disable=protected-access

InvalidArgumentError (see above for traceback): Labels length is zero in batch 0

E You must feed a value for placeholder tensor ‘Queue_Selector’ with dtype int32
E [[Node: Queue_Selector = Placeholderdtype=DT_INT32, shape=, _device="/job:localhost/replica:0/task:0/device:CPU:0"]]
E
E Caused by op ‘Queue_Selector’, defined at:
E File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 1838, in
E tf.app.run()
E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/platform/app.py”, line 126, in run
E _sys.exit(main(argv))
E File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 1795, in main
E train()
E File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 1489, in train
E tower_feeder_count=len(available_devices))
E File “/Users/naveen/Downloads/DeepSpeech/DeepSpeech/util/feeding.py”, line 43, in init
E self.ph_queue_selector = tf.placeholder(tf.int32, name=‘Queue_Selector’)
E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/ops/array_ops.py”, line 1808, in placeholder
E return gen_array_ops.placeholder(dtype=dtype, shape=shape, name=name)
E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/ops/gen_array_ops.py”, line 4848, in placeholder
E “Placeholder”, dtype=dtype, shape=shape, name=name)
E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/op_def_library.py”, line 787, in _apply_op_helper
E op_def=op_def)
E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/ops.py”, line 3392, in create_op
E op_def=op_def)
E File “/Users/naveen/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/ops.py”, line 1718, in init
E self._traceback = self._graph._extract_stack() # pylint: disable=protected-access
E
E InvalidArgumentError (see above for traceback): You must feed a value for placeholder tensor ‘Queue_Selector’ with dtype int32
E [[Node: Queue_Selector = Placeholderdtype=DT_INT32, shape=, _device="/job:localhost/replica:0/task:0/device:CPU:0"]]
E
E The checkpoint in /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/results/checkout/ does not match the shapes of the model. Did you change alphabet.txt or the --n_hidden parameter between train runs using the same checkpoint dir? Try moving or removing the contents of /Users/naveen/Downloads/all_datasets/DeepSpeech/results/checkout/.

Please:

• check in the forum, I’m pretty sure there have been similar errors already debugged
  • start a new thread
  • make sure to properly format your text: right now, it’s totally unreadable, and parts of the useful output are being mangled

Also, you are training on a mac, it means you have no CUDA support there, it’s going to be very very slow.

Thanks,

I did not understand this part - “parts of the useful output are being mangled”. What exactly are you talking about? Checkpoint?

Use code formatting for console output.

Sir i am using cpu ubuntu 16.04.
i am also same issue. not create proper trie file.

…/DeepSpeech/native_client/generate_trie alphabet.txt lm.binary vocabulary.txt trie
Invalid label 
Aborted (core dumped)

it creates only empty trie file.

and i am running the deepspeech.py in my system it shows ,

I Validation of Epoch 9 - loss: 284.192108
I Early stop triggered as (for last 6 steps) validation loss: 284.192108 with standard deviation: 14.898946 and mean: 217.850253
I FINISHED Optimization - training time: 0:04:55
Error: Can’t parse trie file, invalid header. Try updating your trie file.

the validation result is improperly shown. but finally create a output_graph.pb model file. how to remove this error and how to create a proper trie file.

You seem to have made changes to vocabulary file with characters not in the alphabet ?

1 Like