Explanation of the three buttons for the recorded sentences

There are three buttons for every recorded sentence: play, repeat and the basket. Maybe it is possible, to better explain their function? There are so many people, that speak incorrect and abort the record, they just seem not to know how to correct their sentences. And I don’t understand the third button too (the “basket”)…

2 Likes

Hello @Murray_B,
I noticed this too, some people even make angry noises when they make an error but still don’t delete them.

To your other question: I believe the “basket” is a icon to upload a single recorded sentence but I am not sure either.

Based on your username I assume that you are one of the top donators for German and Esperanto right? Thanks for your work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you file an issue about the basket icon? It seems there is indeed no description on hover and for be it is triggering the share function.

We are talking about theese icons right?
Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-13 um 14.45.00
Why would anyone would like to share a simple link to voice.mozilla.org at this point of the process, and for each sentence again? It is really confusing.

I suspect this is not working as expected, let’s file an issue so it gets triaged.

I created an issue: https://github.com/mozilla/voice-web/issues/2529

Thank you, I guess would not be able to create one without an account on github.

Let us know and we can fill the issue for you if you don’t want to create a github account.

Thanks!