Extension not evaluated after 1 week is there a problem or have to wait more?

Hi,
I developed my first Firefox Extension, signed it and pushed it via web-ext, then completed some of the missing infos on https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/developers/ but after 1 week, my extension is approved but still in the stated “not yet evaluated” ( Pas encore évalué in French)… How long do we have to wait ? Is 1 week normal ? The docs should be improved to let developers know how long we have to wait for the different phases of the process.
My UUID is: {01898eb5-c692-4100-9421-cabdbd7a038e}

Thanks for your help :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @beh, thanks for reaching out. It looks like you selected the “self-distribution” option when you submitted your extension. You should have received a notification with a link to your signed .xpi file. Can you check your spam folder to see if you received it?

When you select the self-distribution option, the extension won’t show up when a user searches for it on addons.mozilla.org. If you want to list it publicly on AMO, bump up the version and resubmit, but make sure you select “On this site” when asked about your distribution method.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your answer @caitlin :+1:

The problem was that I pushed my extension with web-ext CLI, that does not provide the possibility to publish “On this site” for the very first submission (next one should be submitted with web-ext sign --channel=listed ...

So I submitted manually my extension a few minutes ago and I can follow my position on the waiting queue, 47 before me :sweat_smile: but that will do it.

1 Like