FEATURE REQUEST: Password Generator

I currently use an alternative password tool and would love to keep my data all within the browser I already know and trust. One feature that most other password management tools has that this one is lacking is a password generator. I would leave to see this feature implemented into Lockbox.

16 Likes

@derekslillard I’m glad you’re excited to use this tool when it supports your password generation needs! Password generation is part of our long-term strategy to better support our users when creating new online accounts. It’s a bit further down the road for us, but when we get there, I’ll be sure to update this thread.

In the meantime, our focus is on access and retrieval; helping our users gain access to the passwords they’ve already saved in the browser across multiple devices.

2 Likes

+1

I’m about 30 minutes into my first exploration of Lockwise and this is the second major miss that I’ve encountered (the other being the ability to bulk import passwords from a CSV file to allow easy transfer from a different password manager).

1 Like

“In the meantime, our focus is on access and retrieval; helping our users gain access to the passwords they’ve already saved in the browser across multiple devices.”

Certainly being able to capture existing passwords is a basic and necessary feature, but so is a good password generator.

1 Like

+1 looks like lockwise will generate passwords for accounts that it does not already have a password stored for. Would like to be able to generate a new password for an existing site.

2 Likes

+1 I agree. Lockwise should have a pw generator

Yeah this needs to be more fully featured. I would like a simple password generator that I can specify the desired length, special characters, etc. and then be able to easily copy that password.

3 Likes

@ChaosFenix I agree.

1 Like

Yes please do add this feature.

2 Likes

Please add a password generator function to the Lockwise App. I think it’s essential.
Thank you and greetings.

2 Likes

When is this password generator coming? This is staring to become a deal breaker for me

1 Like

please add config options to password complexity: at least special characters.

Completely concur. This feature is absolutely useful. I was using Bitwarden, and it was so nice to be able to create hard passwords with a few touches and slides, as well as copy that password. LW should implement a password generation tool but also integrate it into password forms so that I can right click and generate password, and that feature might even be possible for iPhones and Androids! Thank you for your great work :slight_smile:

First, thank you for providing such a great tool.

It is to be mentioned that password generation is partially provided, when Lockwise detects a subscription process in a webpage, it proposes existing accounts for the domain and, as last option, a fresh generated password, which is usefull.

It means that the feature of generating a password has already been implemented in the tool. The part to be done is then to expose this feature on the main interface of Lockwise desktop/mobile. As mentioned above, length/special chars/easy to read/etc… options would be appreciated even if not required.

As a developer, I’d be happy to help with this. Just show me the way.

Regards, Eric

1 Like

It’s great tool, finally I can really use, manage all my pwds and keep them secure all of time. Just add pwd generation please also to Lockwise mobile. Without it, new registered pwds are lost after first sign-on. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I think this is great place to start…

1 Like

Is a reply the only way to bump this request? I’m really glad there is a password generator built into the desktop passwords feature. I would love to have it in the mobile browser and in lockwise.

I also agree that being able to set password complexity options is needed. Since sites set these requirements, we need the control to meet the requirements of whatever site for which we’re trying to generate.

It would also be a plus if the feature attempted to pull the requirements from the hint that the website has (e.g. “must include uppercase, lowercase and…”).

Hi

I recommend that you add feedback at https://github.com/mozilla-lockwise/lockwise-android/issues/1215