FF extension auto-update from AMO

Hello! I’ve posted an extension to AMO and it doesn’t seem to automatically update in my browser after I’ve uploaded new version (and it got validated and is currently displayed as an actual version). What am I doing wrong?

Extension auto updates happen about once a day.

Even if I press “check for new updates”?

“Check for updates” is not the auto-update feature. In that case, the update should be downloaded, and possibly applied. If it can’t be immediately applied you should see a message informing you that the update to your extension will be applied after the next time Firefox is restarted.

Other factors that may impact the update being installed are new permissions, which have to be accepted before the update is installed.

Lastly, make sure the version of your extension is considered bigger than your previous version. Most notably some version formats where numbers aren’t delimited by a dot but by some other character will lead to ascii comparison instead of number comparison. I think that’s what’s happening in your case, since you went from 1.0 to 1.0.0 which is not considered bigger.

Thank you! I hope that’s it. We’ll see when I make a new version