We need to figure out some sort of auth system that doesn’t suck. Basically, the requirements that I can think of are:
- Hooks into Jira (ideally only for admin users)
- We’re currently in an awkward place with Jira auth, aiui.
- Hooks into Jenkins
- Able to use http auth with nginx
- Plan to use this for Consul, etc.
And a few not requirements, but things I would like:
- VictorOps SSO (not rolled out yet, but should be in January) (Want)
- Cross-server authentication (Really want)
- IAM integration (Not sure if it’s possible, but if it is, really want)
Thoughts? I’m currently thinking something LDAP-compliant is probably the best plan, but open to suggestions.