Firefox Accounts is coming to AMO

In a few weeks, you will begin to see a prompt after logging into addons.mozilla.org asking you to pair your AMO account with a Firefox Account if you already have one, or to create one if you haven’t already. You can see more details about this migration in today’s blog post.

Thank you Amy

While having to log separately into each section of the Mozilla, using different methods was inconvenient (Personas didn’t work well, especially when it used 3rd party verification ie yahoo etc), there could be privacy concerns.

What will happen to the pseudonyms?
Many people use pseudonyms in certain areas and real credentials in others. Linking all accounts will create a privacy drawback where all pseudonyms will be linked to and unified with the real credential which can then be tracked easier.

Hi erosman, you can create one Firefox Account for each of the emails you use for Firefox products and services. In other words, you’re not required to use one email that links everything together. If you want to have a separate identity for AMO, you should change your email first before migrating.

1 Like

Firefox Accounts is now live.

So as you know, when I go to add-ons, I get this notification:

Add-ons is switching to Firefox Accounts for login. Sign in now to transfer your account.

But when I click on the link, then log in, I wind up here:

The ‘Need help?’ link is useless.

What do we do now?

If you’ve already logged in using Firefox Accounts, there’s no need to do it again. To hide the sign in message you click the x on the right.

How can I change the email address of an AMO account connected to a Firefox Account? Unfortunately, the account owner will leave the company and the email address will be deleted.Thanks.

You can create a new account and transfer ownership of an add-on to it. We don’t support changing the email address of an existing account.