Firefox is removing DOM elements from inspector

(Matthew Jonat) #1

This is specifically about firefox developer edition.

I am currently building a site and when I go to inspect something sometimes the DOM just seems to stop and doesnt show me all of the children elements that I need (it should show everything really)

See the screenshot for an example.

The container div does have children and you can even see the styles for children in the styles panel but the DOM just seems to stop there. This has happened a few times and I’m not sure why.

Firefox code inspector hangs when trying to investigate elements
(Patrick Brosset) #2

That’s very odd indeed.
Can you easily extract a simple web page where we can see it fail like this? If we can reproduce the issue ourselves, it would be a huge help for fixing it. Otherwise it might be really hard.
Another thing that may help is if you have errors in the browser console when that happens (you can open it with ctrl+shift+J). If you do, please paste them here.

(Matthew Jonat) #3

Unfortunately it just seems to happen randomly, but once it happens it wont go away until i close and re-open the browser.

I was using it on a Mac with a webpack development environment using browsersync to serve the page…if that helps?

(Mike Ratcliffe) #5

This could be related to Firefox code inspector hangs when trying to investigate elements