Firefox Quantum - Tab Bar

I recently upgraded to Firefox Quantum (due to auto-update). I realized that one of the legacy Add-ons I have been using is now not supported:

Hide Tab Bar With One Tab by Chris
https://addons.mozilla.org/fi/firefox/addon/hide-tab-bar-with-one-tab/

I was unable to find (or did not understand) how to contact Chris directly. I am currently using the userChrome.css to hide the tab bar which helps, but it is not perfect. I have some some possible “bugs” on the Mozilla site where customization may come for this. So I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to contact Chris to see if he doing an update to his add-on?
  2. Can the userChrome.css be updated to hide the tab bar if there is only 1 tab?
  3. Is there another add-on that someone is aware of that I can use?
  4. What is the best way to submit this info to Mozilla, even though I understand it wont be fixed overnight. I want to submit and get some kind of an answer back, not just a “generic”

I really don’t mind tabs and sometimes I do use them, but if there is only 1 tab, why take up the screen “real estate” for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Currently there is no way to update this add-on, however APIs for it are in development, that would at least allow partial feature parity.