Getting Started with MDN

Hi there.

I am new to contributing towards the MDN, and have already made a few, editioral reviews as well as have added a few tags on some pages. I’d like to check that these reviews are valid and go folow the correct guidelines.

I would also like to inquire about how I can further engage with the community for future reference such as finding articles that are in high priority for editing and reviewing. I have tried using chatzilla but it seems to lead to a dead link.

Thank you for your help and guidance.

Hi @cadorej! Welcome! Thanks for your contributions so far!

I took a look at what you’ve done, and it all seems fine to me. You can take a look at our writing style guide for “how we do things”.

This is probably the best place to engage with the MDN community. Our use of IRC has become neglected and its replacement is not yet available.

As for things that are high priority for editing, we have a list of the top 100 articles by traffic, which I update every few months. While I originally created it as a guide for what localizers might want to focus on translating, it’s also true that those top articles need to be in the best possible shape editorially.

I hope that helps, and please don’t hesitate to ask more questions.