Heroku deploy stopped syncing

Last week, I deployed an instance of Pontoon to Heroku for an open source project I work on in my spare time. It was syncing fine for a few days, but it has stopped. I currently have some capitalization changes in a couple of fluent string attributes that have been approved, but when I sync, the log tells me that the project is skipped and no new commits are added to the configured branch:

Syncing project erasmus.

[2022-08-22 18:20:20,570: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Syncing project erasmus.

Pulling source changes for project erasmus started.

[2022-08-22 18:20:20,571: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Pulling source changes for project erasmus started.

Pulling source changes for project erasmus complete.

[2022-08-22 18:20:20,858: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Pulling source changes for project erasmus complete.

Skipping syncing sources for project erasmus, no changes detected.

[2022-08-22 18:20:20,862: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Skipping syncing sources for project erasmus, no changes detected.

Syncing translations for project: erasmus

[2022-08-22 18:20:20,867: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Syncing translations for project: erasmus

Retrieving changed files for: /app/media/projects/erasmus/git@github.com:bryanforbes/Erasmus.git:651cc7194584c7c278ef4521c129dc7676298430

[2022-08-22 18:20:20,887: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Retrieving changed files for: /app/media/projects/erasmus/git@github.com:bryanforbes/Erasmus.git:651cc7194584c7c278ef4521c129dc7676298430

Changed files in Erasmus repository, all: []

[2022-08-22 18:20:20,903: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Changed files in Erasmus repository, all: []

Changed files in Erasmus repository, relevant for enabled locales: {}

[2022-08-22 18:20:20,909: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Changed files in Erasmus repository, relevant for enabled locales: {}

Changed files in Erasmus repository and Pontoon, relevant for enabled locales: {'erasmus.ftl': {<Locale: Norwegian Bokmål>}}

[2022-08-22 18:20:20,916: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Changed files in Erasmus repository and Pontoon, relevant for enabled locales: {'erasmus.ftl': {<Locale: Norwegian Bokmål>}}

Relative paths in Erasmus that need to be synced: dict_keys([])

[2022-08-22 18:20:21,025: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Relative paths in Erasmus that need to be synced: dict_keys([])

Skipping syncing translations for project erasmus, none of the locales has anything to sync.

[2022-08-22 18:20:21,027: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Skipping syncing translations for project erasmus, none of the locales has anything to sync.

Sync complete.

[2022-08-22 18:20:21,061: INFO/ForkPoolWorker-8] Sync complete.

My folder structure looks like this:

erasmus/l10n/
|_ en-US/
   |_ erasmus.ftl
|_ nb-NO/
   |_ erasmus.ftl

And my project settings:

The repo can be found here: https://github.com/bryanforbes/Erasmus

Let me know if any other information is needed.

It turns out that my project stopped syncing when I added some fluent files in my testing directory. After poking around in the database and the source code, and a couple of new projects, I was able to ascertain that I needed to change my configuration so that “Download prefix or path to TOML file” points to my raw Github URL of the pontoon.toml file in the branch I’m using AND that the optional project configuration file below the repositories needed to be set to pontoon.toml. Once those two things were set, syncing resumed.

2 Likes

Happy to hear it worked!

I wish our 3rd party support and documentation was in a better state. Sadly our resources are very limited.

This particular part of setup is documented here:
https://mozilla-pontoon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user/localizing-your-projects.html#adding-a-new-project-to-pontoon