How can I restore my account on addons.mozilla.org?

Hello, I don’t know why, but my account (it as created many years ago on addons.mozilla.org) with all my collections and reviews now is unaccessible without any reason. I can’t restore password because system tells me that my email address in unknown.

I can login only via my Firefox sync acc, and not with my addons.mozilla.org account.

Thank you.

Please email amo-admins AT mozilla DOT org with the details.

im having the same problem, except in my case as a developer on AMO, it means i can no longer update my extensions etc. whatever change has been made on AMO has not been communicated very well, to suddenly not be able to login like that is quite a shock.

i did see a message saying they were migrating to a new login system on the login page for quite a while, though when i attempted the migration process it didnt work for me, so i just kept on using the same old login system. If the old login system has now been turned off, there should at least be some kind of error message saying, “you need to migrate your login now” rather than just saying “unknown account”, its all rather jarring. I hope this can be rectified soon.

I also noticed that there was a period when logins were disabled on AMO yesterday, due to server maintenance, i guess the maintenance has either introduced a bug where the old login system has been switched off, just a general bug where all logins are broken, or just a badly thought out migration process.

Is this the error you’re seeing?

If it is this means that there is no existing Firefox Account with that email address, but it does not mean that your Add-ons account is disabled.

If you are using the same email address that you used on Add-ons you can click “Sign up” and once the registration process is complete you will be logged into your existing Add-ons account.

Email address and password logins on the Add-ons site are now disabled. You can recover your old account by logging in with a Firefox Account with the same email address as I suggested above otherwise logging in with a Firefox Account that does not match an email address in our database will create a new account.

mstriemer, I created an account here just to thank you. : ) I’m also leaving this note for others who may be looking for a solution: it still works as of July 2017!

My old account just passed the 10-year mark, so I’m happy it was retrievable. Thanks again!

+1 many thanks to you mstriemer for sharing your findings!

I’m having exactly the same problem.

If you are using the same email address that you used on Add-ons you can click “Sign up” and once the registration process is complete you will be logged into your existing Add-ons account.

I tried this but it didn’t work for me. It just created a new account at Firefox add-ons.

I can even access my original username URL (this is it) but it won’t let me recover my account details. I’m coming back to Firefox after eight years with Chrome so it’s very frustrating that something’s been changed causing me to lose my username.

I sent an email to the address associated with that account. If you sign up using that address you should be able to recover the account.

1 Like

Thank you so much Mark. Problem is resolved. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sequere, post:10, topic:10728, full:true”]
Hi Mark, any chance it still works in March 2018?

Signing up with the same email did not work for me… my addons are there (but I can’t access/edit them) and my profile seems to be gone.
one of the addons: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/science-sequereeu/

You can email amo-admins AT mozilla DOT org for help with your account.