How clips validation works?

Hi,

Clips are validated with votes. I know it. My question is:

How many votes are needed to validate a clip?

Thanks

We use a 2 out of 3 rule. Is two people say it’s good/bad, we go with that. This comes from some crowdsourcing research we did. For some reading on this see the following:

http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/W10-0706

http://e2953b6e947ea30a22403bfd.dnwkqcxbcr.maxcdn-edge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/CeDER-10-01.pdf?x45159

eventually it would make sens to include some flag if the original recording was played back by the recording person itself?!
i do it this way and for sure fix bugs this way… :wink:

Can you rephrase that? I am not sure I understand what you mean.

When one uploads recordings, the speaker can choose to check the recording themselves, or not do that.

1 Like

@mhenretty zeno is correct :slight_smile:
in the new UI the ‘check them yourself’ part is visually more optional -
but i think its a good think to check them yourself first… as this can catch some simple ‘wording’ mistakes or ‘to loud / distortion things’ or ’ to much background noise’

1 Like

Is this a feature request for always automatically playing back what you just recorded?

would also be an option :wink:
i thought more in the direction to the original question -
if the speaker has listen to it use this as a vote that it is good?!
but i think that is a bad idea if only one additional vote would be needed then…

regarding

i have already done a feature request for a keyboard shortcut to start playing back all five records.

Seems like a very good idea to me. Maybe I’m a bit too much a perfectionist, but every time I have made voice recordings it has always needed a few “takes” to get something I was satisfied with. eg. A loud vehicle goes by, the telephone rings or some other unexpected sound happens. I hear myself saying “uh” more than I realized / pausing for a bit too long while I was thinking of what I was going to say making the phrase sound unnatural.

It’s somewhat amazing that when I speak I am not aware of there being anything wrong with what I said, but when I play it back it’s “Oh my gosh! Did I really say it that way?”

2 Likes

I would be interested to see what percentage of my own voice clips get validated, so as to provide feedback.

You can see on the dashboard. Look at mine for spanish.