How do I make recently added bookmarks appear first in sort order?

Hi,

Firefox UX fails in the way bookmarks are added to the bottom of the list (eg in the Book marks toolbar).

I’ve looked for a way to reverse this order, so the newest additions appear at the top.

The Bookmarks Manager has an option under the View menu, but it only has an effect in the manager itself.

How do I make recently added bookmarks appear at the top of bookmark lists, please?

Cheers,
bitrat

PS: UX of this forum is also pretty lack lustre. Wld appreciate a comment to verify a human somewhere has seen this post. :slight_smile:

Hey Bitrat! Ugh, this post is over a month old and I’m the first to reply.

I think I understand the issue. If I drop a bookmark in a folder, the bookmark appears at the bottom of a the folder. If the folder has a long list of bookmarks, I have to scroll to the bottom to see it.

This seems like an easy fix, depending on how those lists are made.

I’m not sure how to proceed, but I’d like to see this change.

The capacity to sort bookmarks by the date they were added or adjusted relies upon the internet browser you are utilizing. Every program has its own technique for arranging bookmarks, and not all programs might offer the choice to sort by date. Here are directions for some famous internet browsers: Google Chrome: Open Google Chrome. Click on the three-speck menu symbol (⋮) in the upper right corner of the program window. Drift your mouse over “Bookmarks” in the dropdown menu to uncover a sub-menu. In the sub-menu, click on “Bookmark director.” In the Bookmark director, click the “More” choice (addressed by three vertical specks) on the upper right corner of the window. Select “Date Added” from the dropdown menu. Your bookmarks will be arranged in diving request by the date they were added, with the most as of late added bookmarks showing up first. Mozilla Firefox: Open Mozilla Firefox. Click on the Library symbol (addressed by three even lines) in the upper-right corner of the program window. In the Library menu, select “Bookmarks.” Click on “Show All Bookmarks” at the lower part of the drop-down menu. In the Library window, click on the “Perspectives” button at the highest point of the window. From the dropdown menu, select “Sort” and afterward pick “Date Added” to sort your bookmarks by the date they were included sliding request. Microsoft Edge: Open Microsoft Edge. Click on the three-speck menu symbol (···) in the upper right corner of the program window. Select “Top choices” from the dropdown menu. Click on “Oversee top choices.” In the Top picks window, click the “Sort by” dropdown menu at the upper right corner of the window. Pick “Date added (freshest)” to sort bookmarks by the date they were added, with the most as of late added bookmarks showing up first.