I run the latest Firefox under Windows 8.1, and I use Brief as my feed reader. This week, I had to rebuild my OS; when I finished the reconstruction and downloaded and installed Firefox, I found that Brief no longer could find my feeds. I’ve been through this before, and I know the developer’s blog has instructions for restoring the feeds, but I can’t find the blog. Could someone send me a link to the blog? Also, are there similar procedures for all Bookmarks, including the Bookmarks toolbar?
i got the same problem. the old bookmark for instructions no longer valid! fortunately i managed to trace back what i did.
- u need to install SQLite Manager add on
- launch it ( i use alt key to invoke the firefox menu, it will be under tools
- for profile database , select places.sqlite
- then in the left column, under tables, choose moz_bookmarks
- search the “title” column where the RSS links are kept,
- once u found it, note the “id” column number
- then run about:config in the browser address bar (don’t know what we call it, where u type the URL)
- then search for extensions.brief.homeFolder
- change the “value” there to the one u identified in 6 above.
brief should work as before.
Thanks, youwhoz. I’ve been looking for this for a long time.
Worked well, thank you !
Well, I’m back. I’m using FFX 58.0.2. I just found out that Brief has been updated for FFX 58 use. Unfortunately, SQLite Manager hasn’t been updated (so far as I can tell, anyway). I downloaded a separate SQLite app, but I don’t know how to connect it to my databas. Can someone helpme?
Here’s a guide on how to find your profile folder. There are a few sqlite files there, which is probably what you want to point the application to.
jorgev, thanks. I can find my profile foler, but I can’t run the Profile Manager; every time I enter “firefox.exe -p” (and the label does exist), I get a “can’t find firefox.exe” message. I’ll try spelling out the whole path and see what happens.