How to safely extend a running timer?

I basically want my outdoor lights to stay on for 15 minutes after the last sensed motion from the motion detectors. So how do I extend the running timer that would be triggered by the first motion event? Or any other better solutions (I tried pulse, and it went badly).

I’ve actually got some changes pending for the pulse adapter that will allow you to do exactly what you’re asking for. The new version should be available in the next few days.

A ‘restart’-action would be a rather intuitive thing for a (running) timer.

And btw, I really appreciate seeing the timer count now.

The timer adapter is maintained by a third party developer (@t1m1). If there are other things that would be helpful in that adapter, I’m sure he’d be happy to hear your suggestions. :smiley:

@silmunc16
Hi, I’m the author of the timer adapter.
You can find it here.
If you have any problems or ideas for improvements just submit an issue I will see what I can do.

And btw, I really appreciate seeing the timer count now.

Thank you for the positive feedback :slight_smile:

I agree. Nice addition. I have discovered that adding a timer reset to the final timer action works rather well. So “Timer Expired, turn on/off device and reset timer at the same time”. It does not fix the renewing of the timer before expiring, but seems to work more cleanly on a timer reset than my previous method. I too wish there was a way to reset before expiring. As long as motion continues, it will not expire.

@silmunc16
I added a restart action to the timer.
As soon @mstegeman merges https://github.com/mozilla-iot/addon-list/pull/570 the new update will be available.

1 Like

Super sweet!! Thank you @t1m1

Yes, ty. I’ve got multiple rules to rewrite when I get time.

Thanks @t1m1! Already tried it out. It works perfectly!