Which translator is the default for machinery in pontoon? If it’s bing translator then can we set it to a language that bing translator natively supports?
There is no such thing as “default” Machinery service. They all run in parallel.
Machinery currently supports the following services:
- Internal (Pontoon) translation memory
- Google Translate (machine translation)
- Microsoft Translator (machine translation): not enabled on pontoon.mozilla.org
- SYSTRAN (machine translation)
- Caighdean (machine translation, Scottish Gaelic only)
- Microsoft Terminology
If you run your own instance of Pontoon, you’ll need API keys for some of them.
We map each Pontoon locale (e.g. hy-AM) to the corresponding locale supported by the Machinery service (e.g.
hy in Google Translate and
hy-am in Microsoft Translator).