I Need To Access My Quickfox Notes

All my important Quickfox Notes are gone with the latest update.
How do a access them to save them elsewhere?

1 Like

Solved~I did a rollback.

Iā€™ll be looking for another search engine.

I tried a ā€˜rollbackā€™ - but it keeps opening with the ā€˜new improvedā€™ first page with no link to Quickfox. Help !
I too will be looking for a more trustworthy search engine ā€¦

Tried complaining and just got post deleted ā€¦
Tried Bugzilla and a complacent geek told me that Quickfox ā€˜had not been updated for a yearā€™ (how was an ordinary user to know that?) and I should ā€™ look elsewhereā€™.
Clearly could not care a jot that many archived Notes had been de-accessed.
Slapdash system I will be glad to dump.

Hi @NotHappy, Iā€™m sorry to hear you had a bad experience. It sounds like you might have moved on, but here is some information about how to access your QuickFox notes without having to roll back to a previous version of Firefox. These files are saved as plain text in a profile folder.

To retrieve your bookmarks, go to https://support.mozilla.org/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data for instructions on how to access your profile folder.

Once you have accessed your profile folder, look for the folder ā€œqfn-backupsā€. Within that folder, there should be a subfolder for Backups. Your QuickFox notes should be saved in as plain text files within that folder.

Hereā€™s a screenshot for reference:

quickfox notes

1 Like

I had saved notes but they were in protected mode, ie encrypted with a password. Now I have the text files saved but not having a version of quicfox, it is no longer possible to decrypt the files. Any Solutions?