As you know, if someone outside wants us (Mozilla Kerala) to organize an event for them, they need to send an email to email@example.com. The process that is in place for handling event requests right now is not very efficient. Now just 2 people monitor the “events” email inbox and they respond to requests and personally organize the events themselves. As you can see, this isn’t a really good strategy if we want to scale.
Why are event requests important
Incoming event requests are important, because:
- Someone “wants” us to go to their place and organize stuff (as opposed to we organize stuff and ask ppl to attend)
- Shared expenses between MozK and host insitution.
- Better chances at meeting people who are currently not connected to us, rather than when we organize an independent “Mozilla Kerala” event and invite registrations.
Things to consider when looking for a solution
- We should have a scalable process in place
- Utilize the number of volunteers (old and new) that we have and give them an active role in handling event requests (from handling incoming emails to successful completion of events)
Please share your ideas.