I'm almost giving up on the project. Feedback from a big contributor (10000 sentences sent, 7000 listened)

Too manual, too tiring, impossible. The text-corpus should be more complete, it should use more isolated and varied words, automatically. Not only by humans.

In addition, there should be the option for us to speak only what we have never spoken before. I repeat that need.

And I want to understand why I can’t validate the audios. Just leaving the account. And sometimes it appears that the clips are over, but there is a considerable gap between the uploaded and validated clips.

Nothing makes sense. You need to automate these things and make the project smarter. Demand more developers, I have already done my part, contacted the financiers of the project.

We should not struggle for a problem that is clearly from the project code.

I’m not blaming anyone specifically, but Mozilla.

Writing your own sentences is not the only method, I mentioned it because you seem to be picky about the vocabulary. Some bulk methods include:

• Books that go to the public domain
  • Your own chats
  • Open a chat room and converse with the community respecting sentence collector rules
  • Use of Wikipedia data through cv-sentence-extractor

Could you please share with us which language we are talking about?

PS: I repeat, I’m also a volunteer like you. And it is not related to coding (only). What you are proposing is a remake of the whole system.

Yes, but we are talking about different things. It remains manual, arduous and inefficient work.

I mentioned this in Book-reading mode (aka "ordered sentences collections") and I still consider this the future of any sentence-collection tool:

Collect the sentences from users speaking up what they are currently reading in their browser (with a dynamic highlighting system part of a browser extension)