I'm researcher , I need to developer my private add-on for android firefox

Hello There,
I facing problem . I developer my private android add-on. This add-on for my research. I will not publish it to public. it is just for me android device. Do I need to verified or "signed the add-on? I have tried to install it but it is not installed. it say I have to signed it. When I try To submit it, it doesn’t work. when I upload my add-on it said "Your add-on was validated with no errors and 3 warnings."
but I don’t know where I can find the signed files?

Another thing, since I am going to use my add-on privately, is there to wive this sign ?
third question, When I signed my add-on, then I want to update and change this add-on , do I need to signed again?
my android firefox is 51.0.3, is there way to avoid the sign? i want to research to continue.
Please help me

Please read this documentation on the different options you have for distribution:

It sounds like you need to have it unlisted. Also, getting warnings from the validation step shouldn’t prevent you from submitting it.

1 Like

You can have your private addon but it needs to be signed. You can sign it either by uploading it to this url, you can use jpm sign if it is a legacy addon or web-ext sign if it is a WebExtension.

You will need to pass an automatic review that checks that you do not have vulnerable dependencies like old AngularJS or old jQuery. Here are the rules. You should look at what Unlisted addons can do.

After you sign it you need to install it on Android. You can either use the addons.mozilla.org link but you need to be logged in with your credentials or you need to host it somewhere so that it gets the correct content “Content-Type: application/x-xpinstall”. GitHub pages does this automatically. Here is an example. Copy pasting the URL does not work. You need to click it.

Thanks Jorgev. I signing my addon now. I though the signing is complicated but I found it is simple and easy.

1 Like

Thank andrei. I just used the URL that use sent to me and I signed my add-on

1 Like

There are a lot of people on the Internet complaining about signing addons :frowning: There is a lot of FUD on this subject.

Glad it worked well for you :slight_smile: