"Image gallery" assessment

(Steve Davis) #1

Hi there! I have been working my way through the JavaScript course over the last few weeks I started from the very beginning and have just about finished the first part. I have just finished the image gallery assessment that contains a css, js and html files and I want someone to take a look over my work and let me know how I’ve done. Can you tell me what I need to do please.

Thanks
Steve

"Mozilla splash page" assessment
Learning web development: Marking guides and questions
"Mozilla splash page" assessment
(Chris Mills) #2

Hi there! I have been working my way through the JavaScript course over the last few weeks I started from the very beginning and have just about finished the first part. I have just finished the image gallery assessment that contains a css, js and html files and I want someone to take a look over my work and let me know how I’ve done. Can you tell me what I need to do please.

Hi Steve,

Nice work! You can find the finished image gallery example here (go through and see if your code matches up):

The directory also contains the marking guide for this assessment, which tells you exactly what you need to do to score full marks:

Don’t hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

(Steve Davis) #3

Hi Chris firstly thanks for your reply.

I was hoping not to self mark really this would help me get a proper unbiased assessment grade. I’m sure you understand when your working on your own as I have been it’s easy to con yourself that your work meets the grade…

However I have to say on this occasion I feel as though I’m pretty close the only real difference is that I have used an array to hold all the photo path values. But to me this is better than making up the path in the loop because you don’t have to change the code to change the photo - just substitute or add to the array, I have set the loop using the array.length property anyway. I think the rest is the same looking at what is required in the marking guide. What do you think.* *

Learning web development: Marking guides and questions
(Chris Mills) #4

I was hoping not to self mark really this would help me get a proper unbiased assessment grade. I’m sure you understand when your working on your own as I have been it’s easy to con yourself that your work meets the grade…

I agree with you. However, unfortunately we haven’t got the resources to manually assess everyone’s entries. I wish we did.

However I have to say on this occasion I feel as though I’m pretty close the only real difference is that I have used an array to hold all the photo path values. But to me this is better than making up the path in the loop because you don’t have to change the code to change the photo - just substitute or add to the array, I have set the loop using the array.length property anyway. I think the rest is the same looking at what is required in the marking guide. What do you think.* *

Yeah, cool, that all sounds fine. I agree that the array is a better way of doing this. In a real app, you’d probably retrieve the photos and info via some kind of JSON structure via an XHR call, or similar.

(Juan de Souza) #5

Hi everyone! I’m stuck in the Image Gallery assessment. Can anyone show me the code? It’s really annoying that they do not show the code on the page!

(Chris Mills) #6

You can find the finished code here:

(Paul Harris) #7

I have a question about the adding an onclick handler in https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/JavaScript/Building_blocks/Image_gallery section

https://pastebin.mozilla.org/9069371 this is what I have so far

I’m confused as to how I get the “src” without using newImage as the event object won’t contain the information either if i set the event object to bbb it’s still the same thing as using newImage