[IMPORTANT] Council Elections - H2 2021 - please read

TL;DR

As usual, we don’t do shortcuts for these types of announcements. If you consider yourself an active Mozilla Rep, please read the full text, reflect on its contents, and do take action.
We know that this is not the easiest time around for Mozillians.

Intro to Elections

The Mozilla Reps program has been a volunteer-driven program from the beginning. This spirit continues today too as the core governing body of the program, the Council, is designed to be an elected body with new members chosen by all Reps every six months.

More background about the history of the Council and its structure can be found here .

Available positions:

The time has come for a new round of elections and this time 4 positions need to be filled for the next 12 months term. So without further ado, we congratulate our amazing council members that end their term:

:mortar_board: Vishal
:mortar_board: Lidya
:mortar_board: Pranshu
:mortar_board: David

We thank them for all their leadership, their commitment, and their hard work, and we hope they will support the next members to be effective leaders of the Reps community.

Nominations are open!

Simply put, eligible reps are:

• All Reps Mentors
  • All Reps that have participated in events organized by the Participation team (Community Gatherings, Leadership Summit, Mozfest (as part of the speakers there or with Open Innovation) or All Hand Attendees with the Participation/Open Innovation team)
  • All Reps that are (or have been) part of the Resource Teams (Resources, Review, Newsletter and Onboarding" team)

Having now some experience in organizing these elections we promote our clear skillsets and commitment needed for a Council member. Also, analyzing the activity from previous years we were able to identify clearer responsibilities and accountability criteria. All of these are documented in Tasks and Responsibilities of Council Members and in Election/Designation of Council Members . Full versions of this can be found in “What’s the Council skillset and the "commitment"needed? ” Discourse post.

Next steps and timeline

HOW TO APPLY: Add a comment yourself to this post (yes, this page, below) and when the call for nomination closes stay close to the announcements (be available online to receive mails).
Additionally, we ask you to update your profile to make sure everything is up to date once voters will look at your profile.

All times in 9:00 PM UTC.
(call for extended, dates were updated)

Nomination & Campaigning

• 15.09.2021 - Call for Nominees starts (1 week)
  • 29.09.2021 - Call for Nominees closes
  • 30.09.2021 - Q&A starts on Discourse
  • 07.10.2021 - Deadline for answers in Discourse Q&A

Voting

• 08.10.2021 - Voting starts
  • 15.10.2021 - Voting closes

This is a challenging time (we do acknowledge and understand that it is not the easiest situation to be in, on many sides) for the world, for Mozilla, and the Reps program, and our role as Reps to help Mozilla build a better web has never been as critical.
We do encourage you to step up, share and envision projects, drive them to become reality!

Thank you all for being part of this!

On behalf of Mozilla Reps Peers and Council,
Ioana ‍

PS: Don’t hesitate to contact me or the Peers body with any concerns, advice, or questions you might have! For any urgent and actionable feedback please send it in the next 6 days to be able to analyze it and if needed incorporate it in the next steps.
GitHub

6 Likes

Hi Ioana, I would like to participate in this election

2 Likes

Hi Ioana,

I would like to nominate myself for another term at the Reps Council. We have momentum building up with the initiatives and I’d like to continue working on what I have started as a Council member. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Ioana

I would like to nominate myself for Reps Council.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your nominations so far!

We have extended the deadline to nominate yourself for the next Reps Council until the 29th. Please think about it and add your name as a reply if you want to be a candidate for the next elections!

Hi Ioana,

I would like to nominate myself for another term at Reps Council :))

Hi Ioana,
Would Interest to participate in the council election,

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for your nominations! We are closing this phase.
We are starting the Q&A shortly!

Q&A posted here: [IMPORTANT] Council Elections - H2 2021- Nominees' Q&A