Issue attempting to delete an indexedDB database in Developer Edition?

This may be a very stupid question, but since I updated the Developer Edition, I cannot delete an indexedDB database any longer. It appears that the object stores are deleted but the database remains. When the page loads, it errors because it opens an empty existing database but cannot find the object stores.

In the storage tab, one could right click on the database name and delete it; and, on reload, a new one would be created. That isn’t working for me now. I’ve been doing this same thing repeatedly for several months without issue.

I tried to delete the database programmatically by closing and then deleting it, but that now returns no response.

If I run the exact same code in the regular edition, it all works fine. The database can be deleted from the storage tab, and progammatic deletion returns the success event handler.

Would you please tell me if this is an issue others are experiencing? Also, is there a way to delete the database from the local file directory in the interim in order to have the next load create a new one?

If the code is changed to simply open the database and then close and delete it, In some instances, the delete-database handler success event runs, and two messages are written to the console. One that states an existing database has beeen opened, and a second that it has been deleted; but, on reload, the message is the exact same, instead of stating a new database has been created. It is as if the deletion processed but did nothing.

Thank you.

So far we don’t have an issue filed, but it sounds like a regression.

When you delete an IDB, do you see an error in the Browser Console?

Yes, there are. They are copied below. The developer profile is set to offline; so, perhaps some of these first errors have to do with that. But the last is a warning, not an error, and states that deleting the indexedDB database has been blocked. Thank you.

Error while loading ‘jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Firefox%20Developer%20Edition/browser/omni.ja!/chrome/browser/search-extensions/twitter/manifest.json’ (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) Extension.jsm:570

1595273643584 addons.xpi WARN Exception running bootstrap method startup on Error: Error while loading ‘jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Firefox%20Developer%20Edition/browser/omni.ja!/chrome/browser/search-extensions/twitter/manifest.json’ (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)(resource://gre/modules/Extension.jsm:570:20) JS Stack trace: readJSON/</<@Extension.jsm:570:20 onStopRequest@NetUtil.jsm:128:18

Unknown category for SetEventRecordingEnabled: fxmonitor

a11y.sitezoom - Unknown scalar.

[Exception… “Illegal value” nsresult: “0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)” location: “JS frame :: chrome://extensions/content/parent/ext-webRequest.js :: registerEvent :: line 46” data: no] ext-webRequest.js:46:20

Key event not available on some keyboard layouts: key=“i” modifiers=“accel,alt,shift” id=“key_browserToolbox” browser.xhtml

Key key_application of menuitem Application could not be found menu.js:292

Deleting indexedDB database editor1 for host file:///C:/Users/…html is blocked storage.js:2866:17

Yes, its probably:

I filed . The blocked message seems to come when the database has open connections.

Thank you. If I change the code such that, on success of opening the database, the database is closed and deleted, the success event of the delete request either runs or neither the success or onerror events run. However, even if the success event of the delete request runs, only the object stores are deleted and, on reload, the open request opens an existing database instead of creating a new one. I don’t mean to repeat what I wrote earlier, but just want to be sure to be clear that the issue appears to take place not only when attempting to delete directly from within the developer tools but also progammatically.

The error says the delete was blocked but the delete request returns the onsuccess event or nothing, never an onerror event.