Leadership Resources

Hi everyone

We just published an initial version of the Leadership resources on the Wiki. This is in no way complete, but serves as a first version to spread the knowledge. At first in the RepsNext process we wanted to create a specialized track for this, but we decided against this as we want all Reps to enjoy this knowledge.

As this is an initial version, please share your feedback below. I would love to see discussions about other good resources we should be adding to this list. Who knows good other resources? Maybe even free workshops others can take?

Thanks,
Michael

5 Likes

Great start for RepsNext @mkohler enough amount of resources to learn about leadership,innovating ideas,learning about recruiting and motivating volunteers and a lot more.If I get some resources more I’ll surely add up
Thanks for this. :slight_smile:

Very informative @mkohler Thank you for this :slight_smile:

This is great! Actually been looking for something of this nature recently.

Has anyone perhaps heard of Sociocracy (a.k.a. Dynamic Governance in the US) before? I had an awesome conversation last night with a friend who introduced it to me. We were riffing about community building and it’s sounded worth my time exploring. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with it?

Hi Michael,

My recommendation here is for this important handbook recommended by Julia from the Mozilla Clubs network.

Teaching Community Technology Handbook

This 100+ page handbook will take you through the history of popular education while offering a step-by-step guide to developing community rooted technology workshops and curricula. Community Technology focuses on teaching strategies that make learning technology accessible and relevant. We believe sharing these teaching practices has the potential to diversify and shape technology fields to be community-oriented. The handbook introduces Community Technology as a series of educational practices. The more people know about the technology around them, the more they will be able to participate in shaping their environment.

https://detroitcommunitytech.org/?q=teachcommtech

Cheers,

2 Likes

It seems interesting maybe is too long and not so much focalized in a topic.
As you can see the resources are very focused on specific part of a problem/need in that way is more simple to find something helpful but we can look on this and evaluate :slight_smile:

I think that we can add https://opensource.com/article/18/4/succession-planning-how-develop-foss-leaders-future on Goal settings section.
What do you think guys?

I would love to have gotten to attend this.