Let's make Mozilla India GREAT again

Hello, everyone o/
I’ve been thinking about bringing back Mozilla India Leaderboard. I’ve done some primary research(:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) on how we can accomplish it. I think it’s just the right time to form a focus team. Here is my proposal,

Aim/Goal of the Focus Team : Bring back Mozilla India Leaderboard.

Deatiled Goal :

• Audit the existing code & decide if anything we can take from the existing code.
  • Audit & Decide what to do with the PRs.
  • Resolve the issues.
  • Build a automated system that scales with minimum maintenance efforts for leaderchalk.

Resources Needed :

• Someone who can audit the existing deprecated leadercalk code.
  • Someone with knowledge of corn job.
  • The hosting details of leaderchalk or someone who can deploy the code.
  • People with sense of humor :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Let’s make Mozilla India GREAT again :sweat_smile:

UPDATE 1 : If you are interested to join the focus team please comment your telegram username or you can Ping me on either Discourse or telegram.

ps : Sorry, for such a bold topic title :wink:

3 Likes

STATUS UPDATE : Since no one signed up for the focus team yet, I’m starting the initial work. I’m choosing PHP to fetch the data from Mozillians API as it’s the language I’m most familiar with. The repo is hosted on GitLab as a private repo, since I can’t share the api-key publicly. So far I can successfully fetch data from the Mozillians API endpoint.

NOTE : If you want to help out please either comment on this thread or ping me on Discourse / Telegram(rcmainak) / IRC(#india) / Facebook(fb.com/rcmainak) / Twitter(@rcmainak).

1 Like

Isn’t there a way you can keep the api key an environment variable or configuration value such that the code is public but the key isn’t?

@asdofindia Do I look like a PHP ninja? :wink:

UPDATE : After giving my approach a second thought I figured out a way to store the API-Key in a separate file & made sure it doesn’t get commited by adding it to gitignore file, nothing fancy here. Now the code can be found on GitHub. Please feel free to submit PR. I’m sticking to PHP for now since no one else volunteered yet. The work in half way close to the finish line, sorry for taking to long.

1 Like