Locked-out

Hello,

Due to 2FA I’m locked-out from my add-on account. I don’t have another device and I don’t have recovery codes. It might sound stupid, but I don’t think I’ve ever turned on 2FA. I noticed about 2FA recently when I couldn’t sign in and then reset my passsord. After resetting the password I suddenly had to provide a security code.

I’m familiar with the document https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-if-im-locked-out-two-step-authentication. According to that page I’m lost and nothing can be done.

However, I own an add-in whihc requires (security related) updates. Without my amo account I cannot perform these updates or even take it down. That is an undesired situation, also for Mozilla.

Therefore, I must get access back to the add-on.

Who can help?

Since I’m the owner of the company, which in turns owns the domain name that is used for the add-on and for the email address of my account, it should not be difficult at all to prove that I’m me. Futhermore, I can hand over recent communciation with firefox reviewers about my add-on, or any other piece of information to identify myself.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Merijn de Jonge (CEO)

MindYourPass

High Tech Campus 12, 5656 AE, Eindhoven, The Netherlands | info@mindyourpass.com | +31 (0)88 2016 200 |

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, MindYourPass’ liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

I think when logging in to AMO it may force you to enter a 2fa code even if you don’t have it set up. To set it up, go to accounts.firefox.com. After you’ve enabled 2fa on your Firefox account you should be able to log in again.
See also https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2021/03/11/two-factor-authentication-required-for-extension-developers/

Hi Martin,
Perhaps that was so confusing to me. Because I remember that I was sometimes (or at some sign-in screen) confronted with MFA, while I still was able to sign in without on another. However, I’m sure, however, that I can not sign in any longer on accounts.firefox.com.
So, that is why I’m asking for help.

Best,
Merijn

MindYourPass

High Tech Campus 12, 5656 AE, Eindhoven, The Netherlands | info@mindyourpass.com | +31 (0)88 2016 200 |

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, MindYourPass’ liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.