Manifest specified icons on AMO

My problem is the following:

I have an Add-On called Trello Super Powers on addons.mozilla.org. When I first created it I submitted add-on icons via the online web interface. In the next version of my add-on I decided to include the icons (updated ones, they look a bit different) directly in the add-on itself via the manifest.json file. But when I now go to my extensions site on AMO the new icon (that was specified in the manifest) doesn’t show up, only the old one…

In the Firefox Add-Ons Manager the Add-On is correctly displayed with the new (manifest specified) icon(s). What do I have to do to see the new icons on AMO? Do I have to update them manually on AMO or is it automated (automatically pulls the new icons from the manifest.json file)?

Regards,
Christian

I now updated the icons displayed on AMO manually through the web interface

This can be confusing, because AMO takes the icon from the manifest in the first submission, but after that you can only change the icon on the site. Also, some metadata is synced between AMO and the Add-ons Manager, so the Add-ons Manager eventually shows the metadata from AMO, but initially only shows the one in the manifest.

Ok, thanks. Good to know :slight_smile: