Marking up a letter - Assessment wanted

Hi! I just completed the letter markup assessment and would like to have my work assessed, please and thank you. Below is a link for my HTML and CSS.
https://codepen.io/Blindingpaw/pen/LYBXVyY

Assessment granted - Marking up a letter | Blindingpaw

Hey @Blindingpaw, thanks for submitting your evaluation request.

Here is my general assessment:

Asking for further help

Suggestions

It appears that there can be some work going over & reading step 2d within the Assessment and further help section of the assessment.
Particularly:

Your post should include:

• A link to the actual task or assessment page, so we can find the question you want help with.

Remember to keep this in mind so that it can make assessing your submissions much, much easier. I had to manually go back into the documentation and find the assessment page, link it here, and write about linking the asssessment within my evaluation here. It consumes a lot of time. It really helps if you do so.

Compliments

On the positive side, your title is sufficient, you asked for help, and you did provide your source code. Thanks for doing so!

Citations (Advanced text formatting)

Suggestions

I noticed in your source code, you had a citation on the email footer for Dr. Gaye:

<p>
        University of Awesome motto: <q>Be awesome to each other.</q> -- <cite>The
        memoirs of Bill S Preston, <abbr title="Esquire">Esq</abbr></cite>
</p>

Within the Citations section of the Advanced text formatting section of Introduction to HTML, the text covers the use of the cite attribute regarding citing the source the author quotes in a document.

My suggestion is to cite the Memoirs of Bill Preston using the relevant link. Given that all of the examples and the content of the section use a URL source somewhere in the document, I believe it is imperative to use the cite attribute within the letter. Given the content of the letter, I would suggest using the cite attribute within the quotation element <q> within your source code, like so:

<p>
        University of Awesome motto: <q cite="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rph_1DODXDU">Be awesome to each other.</q> -- <cite>The
        memoirs of Bill S Preston, <abbr title="Esquire">Esq</abbr></cite>
</p>

Compliments

Otherwise, I couldn’t find anything else to critique. Good job.

Conclusion

Other than my picks, you have fulfilled the requirements listed in the project brief.
Keep in mind the critique I gave; party on, dude!

Sincerely,
@dissidenttux

1 Like