This is the discussion section for Mozilla’s Volunteer Leadership Principles & Practices. Please read the original post before participating.
Principle 5. Leadership should be consistent
- Leadership roles are valued the same across the org/areas (recognition, access to resources, opportunities etc. )
- All leaders should have clarity in their roles and expectations
- All leaders should have a shared foundational knowledge base & skills (i.e. Community Participation Guidelines)
- Follow a shared framework for decision making
- We should create clear definitions for roles and avoid the generic term “leader”
- Tools should be consistent and coherent where possible
Please respond to the following question:
What would implementation of this principle & practices look like in your community or area?
Here are a few more questions to help you think about implementation:
- How do we make equivalent “titles” or ”levels” across functional areas?
- Should we limit or standardize the tools that we use?
- Do we need leadership specific agreements in addition to the Community Participation Guidelines?
Stay connected to this project by subscribing to the mission-mozillians tag.